11.3.14

upcycling t-shirts into undies!

I have made myself some more undies! I love doing this. I like to wear mostly handmade or second hand clothes, but due to hygiene reasons I used to see underwear as the one item of clothing I needed to make exceptions for. The truth is, I still do buy nice new underwear every now and then (there are more and more ethical underwear companies emerging which is great to see), but I like mixing it up with what I can make myself too. I have posted about making undies before, and you can see how I go about it by clicking here.
I'm extra excited about these two recent pair though, because I made them using old tshirts that I was about to chuck. Old stretchy t shirts are great for underwear making, because they are comfy and stretchy. The decorative elastic used on the edges was op shopped.
I love my new undies! Handmade, comfy, ethical, upcycled and fun! Hip hip hooray!

Have you ever made underwear??

Mezz xx

7 comments:

  1. Great job Mezz.....I've never had a go at making undies, must keep an eye out at the oppy for some suitable elastic and give it a go.

    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these mezz. I have a birthday coming up..I wouldnt mind AT ALL if I was given some new pretty handmade undies. How rude of me.. but its true! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very clever and resourceful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to steer clear of underwear while op-shopping too.
    I really should try making my own. Thanks for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Previous research suggested that the use of sunbeds by people aged 18 to 39 increases their risk of Timberland Outlet online developing melanoma, the most common form of cancer among young Australians, by an average of 41 percent. The ban was supported by a majority of Australians, the council said, in a recent survey Timberland Sale of 6,300 people, while fewer adults and youths said they had used a solarium in the past year.

    ReplyDelete