27.1.15

Taking Stock (joining in with Pip)

Joining in with Pip over at Meet Me at Mikes.

Making : The next Issue of Hundreds and Thousands magazine!
Cooking : From scratch. It hit me recently how often I wasn't doing that, so I'm trying to take my cooking back to basics.
Drinking : Tea. Proper tea! I've ditched the tea bags and am brewing lovely pots of tea again. So much nicer and I'm enjoying the whole ritual of making tea.
Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Wanting: Routine! These school holidays have been great, but I'm ready for some structure again in my life!
Looking: At the night sky a lot these days as I try to learn more about the moon and the lunar cycle.
Playing: With our new bunny, Snowy. He is too cute, and helping me overcome some pretty serious animal fears!
Deciding: How I'm going to timetable my work this year to fit with my hubby's job and family stuff.
Wishing: I could go on a super long holiday. Super long.
Enjoying: The very mild weather in Melbourne this week. It's summer, but only in the low 20's.
Waiting: For work to start back! I work in a school so get holidays (yay) but I am a casual so they are unpaid (not yay)
Liking: Joni Mitchell's album "Blue"
Wondering: How I can best do housework without it getting on top of me.
Loving: JK Rowling. I think she's a genius!
Pondering: What the next ten years or so might look like.
Considering: A new tattoo.
Watching: A Room with a View, Man Down, Sherlock, Midsomer Murders. All the good ones.
Hoping: That I manage my stress in a healthy way this year.
Marvelling: At the human body. My daughter's cracked collarbone is healing so quickly all by itself.
Needing: Rhythm, routine, balance.
Smelling: Hay. It's for the bunny. It's a new smell in the house I'm not used to yet!
Wearing: PJ's. Its the last day of school holidays so why not?!
Following: Creative and clever people over on Instagram.
Noticing: That I wake up every morning very dehydrated.
Knowing: I've got songs and stories and ideas I want to share with the world.
Thinking: About finding a beginners yoga class.
Admiring: The people in my life who live with mental illness, and live well.
Sorting: Through all the food and drinks my husband brought back from dumpster diving the other day. Have you heard about Dumpster Diving before?
Buying: Food.
Getting: Excited about releasing my EP of new songs soon!
Bookmarking: This,
Disliking: The constancy of housework. It literally doesn't end.
Opening: Windows and letting the breeze into the house. "Airing" out the house each morning has become a favourite little ritual of mine.
Giggling: At myself and my Harry Potter obsession. It's hit me later in life as a 30 year old, but it's hit me quite hard I must say! I get what all the hype was about now.
Feeling: Aware of all the things I need to do this year, but not overwhelmed, which is generally my default position. Hooray for not feeling overwhelmed!
Snacking: Home baked goodies.
Coveting: High waisted vintage style sailor pants. I really want some but they are expensive and hard to find.
Wishing: I was a more motivated and productive person. I've always been very creative but turning my ideas into real things requires a certain work ethic and discipline which is not in my nature.
Helping: My kids and myself.
Hearing: Cars and trucks. I live on a busy road!

2 comments:

  1. cheap ray ban sunglasses clearance http://www.centremk.co.uk Told me to go to fat disco trip. Having pulled cheap disco walked toward fat. Is the first time come to this place and felt ray ban sunglasses clearance sale very nervous fear, tightly cheap ray ban sunglasses clearance clutching the hand of cheap dare release.  Fat disco, a noisy, came to the door, two brother immediately cheap ray ban sunglasses clearance meet up to say hello. cheap nodded and did not speak, cheap ray ban sunglasses clearance pulled into the disco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “We pride ourselves on offering exclusive collections to our customers, cheap nba basketball jerseys and to be the first to house an Adidas shop-in-shop in the UK is both a privilege and an exciting prospect,” said Darren Sky, nba jerseys australia Head of Menswear for Harvey Nichols. “The brand has gone from strength to strength over the last few years and being huge fans of the label, it’s nba basketball jerseys sale been great to see how [it] has developed the Sport Style division.

    ReplyDelete