18.1.14

how to make a boring cardie less boring!!

Here's a quick little crafty upcycling project. It's pretty nifty, I think.
 
Take one tired and uninspiring cardigan.

Take one cute thrifted doily (this one isn't a typical lace crocheted doily, but either kind would work nicely.)



Cut the doily in half, like so.


Pin it onto your cardie around the neckline so that it looks like a little collar.

Stitch in place with matching thread and a strong zig zag stitch.

Wear your un-boring cardie, feeling quite  clever and pretty.


Mezz x

9 comments:

  1. Such a cute Idea!!! I like your new-not-anymore-boring-cardie ♥
    I had also such an cardie, if you want, you can look what I did with mine:
    http://jansschwester.blogspot.de/2013/12/gehakelte-ellenbogen-patches.html
    greetings,
    Kerstin♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou!! i just saw your cardigan remake...love it!!

      Delete
  2. Yeah! I love it and I am off to find a doily and a cardigan to attack!!! I have just finished a shawl so I am ready for another project. Go and see it - it is a fab pattern. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doilies make everything better don't they.
    Love the idea of a doily collar. I shall have to see if I could add a doily or two to anything in my wardrobe.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's so clever! hmm off to the doily box! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty mezz. i love a good cardi make-over! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is so so pretty. Love what you have done with this you clever gal!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks all for you lovely comment. hooray for exciting cardigans!! xx

    ReplyDelete