18.4.14

A Quiet Easter..

Hello there,

I hope you are having a nice weekend. I love Easter! Unlike Christmas, Easter is always quite calm and quiet here in our family, and for that I am grateful. Last year I blogged a bit about our Simple Easter Traditions, hop on over and have a read if you like. We have once again kept celebrations very low key. We made hot cross buns with our friend and neighbour yesterday, we are heading off to my brother's house for a family Easter egg hunt this morning, and for tomorrow I have bought us all one nice fair trade Easter egg each. That's about it. 
What does Easter mean to you?? Chocolate? Spring? Autumn? Family? I was raised in the Christian tradition, and to some extent I still identify with all that, although I have spent most of my 20's thinking long and hard about a lot of this, and I feel as though I have slowly been shedding a lot of the crap that comes with church and religion (seriously, there is ALOT.) I'm at a place where I'm just trying to hold onto a few beautiful fragments of what I believe to be truth. I guess this time of quiet is a nice chance for me to stop and reflect, and to consider how my upbringing and current context shapes who I am, spiritually, emotionally and psychologically.
I have really enjoyed reading blog posts over this past week and seeing how different people are "doing" Easter. I though I'd share a few of my favourites from the past few weeks.....

Her Library Adventures for a cozy, Aussie, autumn Easter (and sweet crochet daisy chain tutorial!)
Ladybird Diaries for a gorgeous Northern Hemisphere Spring Easter
Tweed Thoughts for beautiful handmade Easter decorations
and
Seriously cute and colourful Easter party favour bags over at A Pretty Cool Life

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do, but how much we put into what we do" Mother Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter....homemade hot cross buns....yum. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quiet Easter here too, and I wouldn't want it any other way.
    Happy Easter to you. x

    ReplyDelete