17.9.13

music, magazines, swaps and more!

Why, hello dear friends!!

Just a quick post to say sorry for my lack of blogging recently! I have been super busy. Not only with health stuff (migraines for me, croup and asthma for Miss 2), but with magazine making and music making.
I am at an interesting place with my music at the moment. Me and my band went really hard recording and performing for 5 years, and I was pretty exhausted after working on, launching and promoting our album, so took a break after Miss 2's birth.  Over the past 18 months I have played the odd "solo show", supported at times by my fantastic younger brother, Pete. I've been writing a lot this past year, and feel really ready to form a band again, and am currently thinking about how I want that to sound and look, and what dynamics will work for my music. It might be a bit different to the Mezz Coleman band line up you've heard in the past, so STAY TUNED!!
Scattered through this post are a few pics taken at my gig on the weekend. I'm wearing a thrifted dress found in Taipei (Taiwan) a few years ago, and a handmade doily hair pin. You can see how I made it here.
Before I go, just thought I d mention that its been so wonderful seeing all the handmade cards that have been floating through the mail due to the little swap I organised! I'm really inspired, and hope you are too! I am hoping to host another swap again soon!!

I'm sure I'll be back at the sewing machine soon too. Miss 2 will become Miss 3 in October, so I'm planning on getting busy with some handmade gift making and party decorating!!

Mezz xxx

7 comments:

  1. Well My Lovely, I for one think you are looking fab! Being creative, in so many ways is suiting you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! That dress looks fantastic on you.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All sounds very exciting. Live you dream Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best with the new stage of music making xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so pleased that your funding your music mojo and expressing it publicly! You're looking fab and i can't wait to hear it. Maybe a new album soon?? Much love and good luck with it all lovely Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing, and i'm sure you sounded amazing too.
    x

    ReplyDelete