21.2.14

SERIOUSLY YUMMY BANANA CAKE!

I made up a banana cake recipe..It's very moist and doesn't need icing.  Go on, make one too. So good with a cup of tea!


250 grams softened butter
3/4 cup of honey
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 bananas (mashed)
1/2 cup yoghurt (I used plain, but you could use whatever kind you might have, if you have a fruit yogurt, it may even add a bit of extra flavour!)

preheat oven to 180 degrees. grease and line a cake tin.

Mix the butter and honey, then add eggs one at a time and combine.

Sifting as you go, add the flour, salt and bicarb.

Lastly, add the mashed banana and yogurt.

If the mix seems a bit too "wet" (which mine did) add a little more self raising flour until it seems to be the consistency of a normal cake mix.

Bake for 45 minutes or until firm to touch.

Your welcome!!

xx

7 comments:

  1. Did I give you the recipe I used for the banana cake I brought around to your place recently? If not would you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum used to make me the most delicious banana bread, I can still taste it....glad you're getting back to performing, looks like you're having loads of fun! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum this looks seriously delicious and so moist. I think yoghurt adds something really special to cakes. Thanks for sharing it with us here xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, it's in the oven cooking right now! I had to use agave syrup instead of honey, which is a bit of an experiment. Also tried mixing spelt and wholemeal flour instead. Finger crossed, thanks for the inspiration, Heather x

    ReplyDelete