13.12.12

i know I sound like one of those awful braggy mums, but seriously, I have cool kids!!!

My kids are awesome.

I don't write about them much here because I feel a bit uncomfortable with the "kid thing" online, but I will tell you I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old who are completely and utterly besotted with the Beatles. You have no idea how happy this makes me!! Little Miss 2 year old has completely bypassed the Wiggles and Hi-5 and God knows what else is out there (I try not to know!) and requests nothing but the Beatles and occasionally Missy Higgins and Kate Bush. Mr. 6 year old is madly into the Beatles, and has also been known to request a bit of Death Cab for Cutie, Ben Folds and Dave Bowie. Anyway, I think my kids have pretty cool music taste!!

Yesterday they made these cute Beatles T-shirts for themselves with Mr. Coleman (did I mention he's pretty awesome too!?) He found some old iron on transfer paper that had been lying around the back of a cupboard for years, and the kids picked and printed a picture online and then he helped them make these cute little Tees.


(Coleman Jnr went for a Ringo pic)
 (Miss Coleman preferred the group shot!)

I’ve never used iron on stuff before, but these have come up really well. I reckon the simple black on a plain coloured t-shirt, and would make a really cool gift for a hip little one in your life, with a picture of something they love. Give it a go!!

Mezz

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Need I say more? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool thanks for sharing the idea and your cool kids. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The transfers turned out really well....great gift idea.
    How cool is it that your kids love the Beatles?.....
    Developing a great ear for music.....it's in the genes I think Mezz.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cooool!!! wow a beatles fan at 2 & 6 that really is something! I have no clue (it may be more to do with time hehe) how to 'follow' anything that's not on facebook my cuz haha but I will do my best! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks guys for lovely comments! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously - your kids are extremely cool, and also very cute!! :) :)
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them! Do you have any more transfer paper? I'm sure all our kids would be up for some of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hiya ash, mr coleman just bought some more...i feel a kids crafternoon may be in order!!!??

    ReplyDelete