1.8.13

Simple craft #7 baby's "initial" singlets!!

 
This is an idea I had based on an original project I saw a few years ago in a craft book called The Crafty Minx. I have modified the idea to make a singlet with a bub's initial on it, coz I thought that would be VERY CUTE!

So..

Buy or find some plain baby singlets

Using zig zag scissors cut a shape of the new bubs first initial with some vintage fabric.

 Sew the letter onto the singlet using a bright thread and a strong zig zag stitch.

You can also just do cute pictures and shapes. (Mr. Coleman found me this Holly Hobby fabric, it is adorable!!)

A gift of a couple of these little singlets are a lovely way to welcome a new person to this world, I think. I made a lot of these a few years back for our little Miss when she was a new born. She is now almost three, and a completely wonderful but totally insane Toddler!!!!! Where did that baby time go??

I made these ones for my friend Noni's brand new little girl, Ava.

PS-entries to my handmade card swap close on MONDAY. Have you joined in? There's still time!

xx


6 comments:

  1. So cute. Percy has been wearing one of your little miss's singlets you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sisters baby girl is due in 3 weeks so i might need to bust out a couple of these cute little singlets! looking forward to the handmade card swap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are a great idea, shop bought t-shirts came be a tad boring, jazz 'em up, that's what I say! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I love Holly Hobby - great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such s fab idea and it looks so much nicer than anything you can buy in the shop. Love the holly hobby fabric so sweet!! Ps received my magnets and they are so lovely!! Thanks for posting them all the way out here they look great on our fridge!! Baby time goes so quickly, can't believe my baby is starting school in September, it all goes too fast! Happy weekend to you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for lovely comments ladies....xx

    ReplyDelete